Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I was burned with fire October 16th

It's been a month an a half since I was burned in a boiler flash fire, and yet emotionally I am picking up the pieces to my experience I don't personal know where to begin.  I am an artist and yet there is no work currently happening to fuel the journey out of darkness, the muscles of creativity are just plan on holiday and too much of not be in touch with humor has taken it's toll.  I do have a level of joy and contentment, for I am happy to be alive that is for certain, yet there is this wanting more of life and to the full that I am for, seeking after a way out this darkness the valley of the shadow of death or the dark night of my sole.  Saint John of the cross wrote of his own darkness and his journey through it, but it's been several years since I read those words they aren't even memories now.  I am currently reading my New Testament in Biblical Hebrew, the Gospel of John it's most helpful these days, seeing Jesus be so gracious to those who were so desperate for his grace, the grace of God to touch them in their lives.  With a rag tag bunch of misfits following him, not to clever, or of superior speech, not learned men, yet they changed the world because of what he invested both in them and the gift of the Holy Spirit who is God!  My hope though in a darkness of sorts, is that though it sucks I know he will get me through this whole thing and thats okay with me.  My children have been through this whole ordeal too, the accident first then having to move to another state, dealing with change hasn't been easy for them or for us yet we are pressing forward.  I am glad to be alive this is for sure and it's all we have for sure, either we are alive or we are dead there isn't anything between.  And as for me and my house hold we will serve the Lord.

1 comment:

Thomas Sh'mot McEwen said...

I love you. I am so glad you are alive and that we have been given more time to make more memories together and with our children, our friends, and our family. You are beautiful and poetic. I like how you write. ti amo!